Tuesday, June 8, 2010

9 Months

Every time I think about the fact that Grace is 9 months old my stomach drops. Can she really be nine months old? Three months away from being a year? My little baby is slipping through my fingers.

I went rifling through her drawers looking for something and I stumbled across the lotion, wipes, and comb kit that they give you for your baby in the hospital. They had a certain smell that took me back to those first couple of days with Grace. For whatever reason it made me sad. I felt like I was saying my goodbyes to her tiny baby phase, packing up those memories I had, and storing them away only to stumble upon them when I'm re-reading old blog posts. I'm not too good with change, especially when it sneaks up on me.

I had to drop the stuff that I was looking at and run out of Grace's room so I could catch her before she pulled all of the books off of our bookshelf. There isn't too much time to be dwelling on the past with this wee babe.

This new phase is exciting though. Grace is learning at the speed of lightening. I love every minute of it. She wants to see, touch, and explore everything.

What she's up to right now.
-Crawling and starting to walk along the couch.
-Babbling and whisper babbling
-Eating soft finger food (and I think she is giving up on pureed baby food)
-Clapping, giving kisses, bouncing, mimicking
-Giving hugs (while biting your shoulder)
-Has serious potential for teeth but none quite yet
-Loves: being the center of attention, watching Pride and Prejudice (seriously though), puffs, her blanket, other kids, jewelry and watches.
-Hates: cold water, green beans, being held down (aka at the doctors office when he is trying to look in her ears)
-Is all around happy.

Happy Nine Months Gracers

6 comments:

Diana said...

I love the Gracie Girl and I totally know what you mean about it slipping through your fingers. When you're with them every day, you don't realize how much they are growing up and how quick. I also love that she loves to watch P&P, is that why you have to keep watching it...for Grace?!??!

Shannon said...

Happy nine months, Gracie! Before you know it she'll be (shhh!) standing on her own ;).

I think fried icecream would be a fitting way to celebrate this milestone, no?

Tiffany said...

It just goes WAY to fast doesn't it?!?!? Seriously, before you know it, she will be one! And you will be like, WHAT THE?!?! As much as we miss the small babies, it sure is fun to watch them grow though!

Shannon said...

Hey Kara,

Sky High Gym in two weeks and counting. Check out our blog for details...hope you guys can make it!
There is an area that we can all sit and watch, so Grace can come and hang out, too! And we can all take turns bouncing around (because let's be honest; I can't jump for an hour straight anyways).

Jamie said...

all this growing up stuff is tough, huh? i hate it. my baby girl will be 3 soon...okay, not for like 5 months, but still! it's so hard to understand where all the time has gone...

The Harrisons said...

Where does the time go?!?! Babies are so much fun and I sometimes think it's not fair that they grow up so fast. I need to go through Beau's clothes and pack away everything he's outgrown, but I keep putting it off because I know it will make me sad :(

Grace sounds like my kind of girl watching P&P. What version is it? If it's the 6 hour one then she is a champ!!