Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Toast to Taz

Today was Tazi's last day. He was having some serious heart problems and the lower half of his body was slowly becoming paralyzed. My Dad took him to the vet this morning and said goodbye, then Taz drifted off to the big dark park in the sky to hang out with Bogie (our other dog). Being the mature adult that i am, i bawled my eyes out all day yesterday when i found out that his health was beyond the fixing point, and all day today when i was told that he was gone.

I decided that i wanted to give Tazi a little toast. To Taz: the best dog on the planet (i may be a little biased). Thanks for being such a character, for being my napping buddy, for being "the nurse" when we were all sick, for being scared to ride in the car, for being deathly afraid of thunder, for being this girl's best friend, for having a mohawk (despite the fact that the breeder said it would grow out), and for being sweet and wonderful. I'll miss this little guy a whole lot.



4 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

Thanks for toasting TAZ. He really was a good friend. I forgot about him being a nurse. I've thought a lot about his reunion with Bogie. Can't you picture him running up to greet Bogie from behind, if you get my drift. We'll sure miss the little "so NOT show quality" guy. Actually, he was so much better than any show dog could ever be.

The Coons Family said...

Aw, Kara. I am SO sorry. People who don't have dogs don't always understand why we mature adults cry when our dogs die. Looks like you and Aaron are just going to have to get a dog!!

Julia Lord Nickle said...

Aw Kara! I loved Taz :( May he rest in peace. He can be friends with Sophie up there.

-Julia (Lord)

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Taz, I would've bawled my eyes out too (and have for my old dogs). I agree with the previous post, I think you guys will just have to get a dog out there :)