Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Beach Week

All Summer i had been counting down the days until we could go to the beach. It was a little bitter sweat because i knew that as i counted down the days until our vacation, i was getting closer and closer to the day that we had to leave. The beach was the big finale to our summer in Virginia and it didn't disappoint. The weather was beautiful (aside from wednesday), and Stephenie Meyer's new book was out so we basically tanned and read the entire week. Now that is what i call vacation. Ashby and I reading Breaking Dawn. It was so wonderful having Edward and company back in my life again.

Ashby and Lulu (Emma) at the pool watching the Beach Ball Challenge. (Its where you have to try to balance on a huge beach ball and try to get across the pool. I think its safe to say that Ryan dominated the entire family)
This beach trip was the first in a couple of years where the entire family was able to come. So family pictures were a definite must.

All the grandkids: Taylor (2), Carly (5), Brooklyn (4), Lulu (1 1/2)

family pictures can really take it out of you... apparently. Don't you like the blanket that Matt is using.. NICE!I can't wait for next year's beach trip.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I too was glad to have Edward and friends back in my life. It was bittersweet knowing that it was the last installment of the Edward/Bella saga. Glad you guys had fun!

The Coons Family said...

I love the pictures. I'm glad you had Edward back in your life, it is always a plus. I love Brooklyn's (or is it Emma) in the second picture of you Ashby... too funny, gotta love little kiddos. Have a safe trip back to UT and then to CA... we need to get together, ASAP!

Devrie Pettit said...

Cute family pics. How is the new book? I have only read the first and I really liked it. I really need to get a move on.

Rachel said...

I love the one of you guys all reading, it reminds me of my family with the same books as well as with Harry Potter. Those family pics are also pretty darn cute, I'm sure you're sad to leave your family soon! When do you leave?