Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Apartment

We have officially been in San Jose for more than a week. I still think its weird that we actually live here but we really like it so far. People are extremely nice around here, its almost startled me a few times with people waving or being really helpful. Maybe it has something to do with the weather out here, which has been beautiful everyday except last Wednesday where i felt like i was going to internally combust from the heat.

We have spent the last week unpacking, organizing, shopping, and sitting for hours at the DMV. Things have finally started to settle down and all of our boxes are officially unpacked so i thought it would be a good time to take a few pictures of our apartment.

The front door (Please notice the squirrel in the window, we are so WT)
The living room. Aaron built the two shelves from Ikea, he's not just an accountant my friends.
The dining area
The Kitchen.
The bedroom. Sorry the angle of this picture is kind of awkward, but the room is actually bigger than it appears.
I hope you enjoyed the tour, it would be better appreciated if you could see it first hand... so you should come and visit!

4 comments:

The Coons Family said...

I love it!!! How much fun, I love CA! I can't wait to come and visit... let's hope that couch is mighty comfortable! How is work going?

Mema of 5 said...

I love the bookshelves from Ikea! Your place looks great and very clean. I can tell that your bedroom is bigger than your Utah bedroom because you actually have space between the "nightstands" and the bed. Anyway, I can't wait to see it in person!

P.S. Love the squirrel. I'm glad you didn't have to give him away (if you know what I mean). Where's the duck?

Unknown said...

LOVE the ironing board in the kitchen. Its makes for a nice place to hang your apron. Your place is really cute, Kara! I can't wait to come visit.

PS Taylor wants to know "wha happn' light?"

Rachel said...

You know, it's been kind of weird seeing so many posts from you the last several days...I'm so glad you've come back to blogging! I LOVE the WT squirrel, I mean seriously, everyone's gotta have a little WT in their lives. I would also like to point out that your yellow countertops match ours in our apartment here. Good stuff. Oh yeah, and in the tour I didn't notice any pictures of my face hung up anywhere, so I hope you don't forget about me. P.S. props to Aaron for his crazy skills at building shelves.