Friday, August 13, 2010

11 months

I may or may not be 11 days late on posting about Grace's 11 month. But she was sick with roseola when she hit the 11 month mark and we were busy so it just slipped through the cracks.

Gracie at 11 Months
I can't get enough of her. She recently learned how to snuggle and I feel like I died and went to heaven. She also doesn't look like a baby anymore.
She learned to reach and point when she wants certain things, like the camera for instance.
She does all sorts of funny things with her hands: "Oh My!," blowing kisses, clapping, Hi/Bye, search for the bow, etc. But no one will ever know because she tends to get shy in public
Her hair is slowly (really slowly) turning a honey brown/blond color. And it also refuses to grow on the front section of her head.
She loves this rocking chair that my Grandmother gave to her. She'll climb in, sit down, climb out, repeat. With a few Stand ups mixed in there.
When she is playing on her own she wants to do her own thing, but she wants me to be around so she can check in periodically. She crawls into my lap and hugs me then is off to do something else.

I love this girl. I love spending time with her and watching her grow. One more month until she is a toddler, and then its a whole new world that we're walking into.

Happy 11th Months Gracie Kate

2 comments:

Diana said...

It's like I know September is coming, but it still blows my mind that Grace is almost a year. She seriously is the cutest little 11 month old ever and Ella's hair doesn't grow in the front either, bring on the mullet!

Ashby said...

Can't believe how much she has grown, and even since the beach. Tell her to slow down! Ryan always tells Brooklyn he's going to strap a brick to her head so she'll stop growing and just stay little. So for her 6th birthday he wrapped up a brick and gave it to her. Does Gracer's need a brick for her first birthday?