Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Might be Crazy

I'm down to the final six weeks, the worst 6 weeks so i've heard. I mentioned before that my emotions are going out of whack which makes me feel like i've been sipping on crazy juice a little bit. But i took the ultimate chug of crazy juice the other day...

I switched doctors.

I got my records transferred over to the new doctor's office, scheduled a new appointment, and canceled my other appointment at my old doctor's office. Thankfully i didn't do all of this on a whim, although it feels that way a little bit mostly because i'm on a time crunch.

There had been a lot of little things that bothered me about my old doctor. I kept telling myself that i wouldn't go to her if i got pregnant again while we were still living here. I even asked some girls in the ward if they knew of any good OB/GYN's that they would recommend. One in particular told me about a doctor that worked at the hospital i would be delivering at and he came highly recommended by her aunt who switched to him at 38 weeks. I researched his reviews online and he checked out, but i still didn't think i would switch.

My last appointment with my old doctor was the last straw. She wasn't thrilled that i lost weight, and thought i was gaining too much weight overall (is 18 pounds at 32 weeks really too much?). Then i found out that the baby was breech (delightful) and my doctor breezed by that information like there was nothing i needed to know about it. Finally she let the information slip that the second time i was in the hospital for my kidney infection she put me in there and i didn't even have an infection! I apparently was showing the signs for one and she admitted me just in case. (Couldn't she have given me an antibiotic instead of forcing me to stay in the hospital?!?!). Maybe that isn't a huge deal but i was not happy.

I went home and weighed my options and decided that the only reason i would stay with my doctor would be to not hurt her feelings (not the best reason to stay). I was nervous to send my records transfer paper over to my old doctor, but now that its done i feel SOOO much better. I'm a little late in the game and realized that i would only see my new doctor 4 times before the baby is born. Thats the part that makes me feel like i'm a little crazy for doing this, but its definitely something i feel like i had to do.

Now i just need things to stay uneventful with the baby until i meet with my new doctor.

I know you can't get enough pictures of me standing in my living room/hallway so here's another one. : ) 34 weeks

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Good for you for going with your gut...sometimes you just have to take the leap and trust your instincts. I'm proud of you for being assertive! And I love that hot pink dress; very nice :). What? This little babe is breech? Tell me more.

Mema of 5 said...

I'm am so glad you made the switch, especially if Baby Barnard stays breech and a C-section becomes a reality. I didn't like the lack of communication with your old doctor. I'm hoping the new doctor can shed a lot of light on everything. Btw, you look GREAT for 34 weeks!

Rachel said...

I am sure you will be happy you switched! I still find it crazy that you are actually having a baby here soon...I don't know if 9 months has gone fast for you, but your pregnancy certainly flew by for me! I am so excited for you!

DoubravaFam said...

I switched doctors at 34 or 35 weeks because we moved. It worked out wonderful. (My old doc wasn't horrible like yours though) but it's not a huge deal that you're only seeing them the last few weeks, especially because you'll go in every week anyway. I absolutely LOVE my new doctor's office and it ended up working out really well. It sounds like your new doc will be a whole lot better than the last!! Good Luck

Unknown said...

A. you look so cute! I love your hair, it is getting so long! B. I am glad you switched doctors... having a nut case is never a good thing. C. I am taking a little bit of crazy juice too.... either that or the heat is getting to me.

Unknown said...

oh, that last one was Jillian!

Tiffany said...

Gosh! What a HORRIBLE doctor! I can't believe that she was mad at you for being 18 lbs at 32 weeks! You should have been like... ugh... HELLO... all the books say 25-35 pounds!!! What a witch! You already feel bad about the 18 lbs. Ugh.. I hate stupid doctors. I'm glad you switched.

Ashby said...

I'm proud of you for switching doctors. If you don't like the doc you have, then why should you trust them to deliver your baby, especially if a C-section is a possibility?! Good for you! You look really cute and I can't believe you are down to the wire! Ahhhh!

erika herman said...

Way to stick it to the man!

Kinzie Sue said...

Way to go! This pregnancy is about what's best for you and your baby. I hope everything goes smoothly with this new doctor and that the breech situation works out somehow. Not much longer- woohoo!!

Angela and Mike said...

18 lbs at 32 weeks?...There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong about that. I'm pretty sure I had gained more by that point. What a loser. I'm glad you switched. You still have plently of time to get to know the new Dr. Good for you!