Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Random Things

It took me forever to fill this out on facebook, and Jillian had the brilliant idea to copy and paste hers onto her blog. I thought i would copy her idea and share my 25 random things on my blog. I can always use a good excuse to post something on my blog, especially after my January hiatus, thanks for the idea Jillian!

1. I'm a meat-a-phob. I don't like eating meat that has fat/skin/bones in it. If i bite into a piece of meat (any kind) and i find something in there that i wasn't expecting i get really grossed out and lose my appetite.

2. Because of the above phobia, i only order certain things at restaurants. Foods that have very little fat attached. Usually, salmon, chicken tenders, salads, and the occasional burger. Sometimes i'll order vegetarian things just to be safe.

3. When i was younger i was convinced that all of my stuffed animals and toys had feelings just like people. At one point i slept with 5 stuffed animals on my bed because i was afraid some would feel bad if i only slept with one.

4. As far as personality goes i'm just like my Dad. I didn't realize that until i was older, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

5. I'm absolutely horrible at staying in contact with people. It has nothing to do with whether or not i like a person, i'm just bad at it. I would rather talk face to face, then through email or on the phone. This is definitely something that i don't like about myself.

6. Through all of my English classes i never really learned proper use of commas and tend to overuse them.

7. My husband and i are living proof that opposites attract.

8. I don't like garlic. I think that the taste of it and the smell of it are gross.

9. I'm a really picky eater, can you tell?

10. I didn't take college seriously my freshmen and sophomore years and was put on academic warning twice. Don't worry i it got it together my last two years and after redoing all the classes i botched, i still graduated on time.

11. I got married 3 weeks before my 20th birthday.

12. One of my favorite things to do is watch episodes of FRIENDS with my sisters and mom while eating m&m's.

13. I absolutely hate being cold. This makes me strongly dislike cold climates (cough... Utah... cough) and activities that involve snow. I plan on settling somewhere where it never gets too cold.

14. When i think vacation, i think of having nothing to do all day. A vacation to me is not something where you have 15,000 activities that you plan on doing in one day.

15. I've had postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) since i was 8. Translation: When i stand up the blood pools in my ankles and hands and my body can't pull it back up to flow properly causing my body to react (like getting sick, feeling light headed, or crying). To remedy the situation i have to drink a lot of water and sit down and put my feet up.

16. I LOVE to read. I hope to have a huge library in my house one day that is stuffed with books and oversized chairs so i can read whenever i want to.

17. I don't really like ice cream. I much more of a baked goods kind of girl.

18. I love to buy DVDs, especially if they're on sale. Aaron and i are creating quite the collection.

19. I have a red jetta. Her name is Vivian, and the inside smells like crayons.

20. Aaron is my best friend. A close second is my mom, dad, and 3 siblings.

21. I have the best job on the planet, i love it.

22. FRIENDS is my favorite tv show. I have all ten seasons and have seen every episode more times than i can count. I know more about the show then a person should.

23. My dog died in August. I still miss him. (yes i'm officially one of "those" people)

24. I was born and raised in northern Virginia and i have a hard time calling any other state "home"

25. this was a lot harder to do than i thought it would be.

1 comment:

Ash and Christian said...

Amen to #14. I'm kind of scared to ever go to Europe because of this. I'd rather go to an island and lay out all day.