Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Forth of July

Despite the weather being cloudy and rainy almost the entire day, it didn't stop us from having a great 4th of July. Stacey and i started off the day with practically killing ourselves by going to the hardest cycle class on the planet. Then we met my mom and the kids at the pool (it was sunny earlier in the day the rain set in later). Then we came home and got ready for the family BBQ.

My Uncle John was the Master of the BBQ (my dad was at Scout camp so we had to outsource the grilling duties). He made the BEST steaks. Unfortunately it was pouring down rain when he went to grill so we had to bust out the patio umbrella.Preparing the delicious feast.
Carly and "Granny" (What the great grandkids call her)
Granny is quite popular with the kids.
Taylor celebrating with a little ball playing (he's a little obsessed)
John and Aaron chatting it up after dinner.
I did my hair curly, for the first time in a long time. I thought i would share.
We ended the night with watching the fireworks on TV. Yeah we're pretty hardcore. Who needs to go outside and battle the crowds when you can watch fireworks from the comfort of your own home. Okay, i admit it was a lot less cool to watch them on TV, but we didn't feel like watching fireworks in the rain.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

kara, excellent work on updating a bit more often. question: those books by emily giffin... are they like a series, to be read in order, or can they be read randomly?

Rachel said...

Um, so I LOVE LOVE your curly hair!! Bummer about the rainy 4th. At least you still made it fun!

Kelli said...

Neal and I tried to watch the fireworks live last year in DC. It was a lot of rain, cold, lines, and bad views, so I think it was a wise choice just to watch it on TV.

Paige said...

Kara, You look great! i love the photo of you with your hair curled - you are gorgeous! It's so nice you can be near family this summer! I hear you guys are coming through Valpo on your way through! You better come through after August 24th because that's when I come back from Canada and I REALLY want to see you guys! When Trey was on the phone with Aaron I kept telling him to tell him that you guys should stay a week! haha. Well, know you are welcome to stay as long as you guys want! Go into Chicago and see Wicked and stuff while you're here!
Take care, and hopefully I'll see you soon!
Paige