Monday, August 20, 2007

The All Consuming Bliss that is Summer...

Summer is definitely the epitome of bliss. My summer started a little later than most people's because I was finishing up a summer semester at good ol' BYU. School, by the way, is on my list of things that I can't wait for to be over. So inevitably summer started when school ended. I can't even describe the serenity that comes from knowing that for at least a few weeks I have almost nothing to do during the day. Laundry and dishes are always necessary and so is making dinner, which is all fine, but knowing that I can watch TV all day, or sit in bed and read for as long as I want, makes those little things seem easier, if that makes sense.

The only unfortunate thing about my short little summer (of only 3 weeks) is that Aaron's summer started three weeks ago and it ended today. We only had an overlap of five days. It's all good though, Aaron was eager to get his brain back into motion, he likes having a lot to do. Me on the other hand, I could be doing next to nothing for years and be completely satisfied. We stuffed a lot of activities into our short summer together. It mostly involved lots of blockbuster trips, escapades to the dollar theater, walks, naps, and of course fast food for dinner. Short, but sweet.

Today as my summer starts and Aaron's ends, I decided to pamper myself and get my toe nails painted with my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. It had been so long since my last pedicure that I had forgotten how amazingly relaxing the entire process was. The massage chair, the foot soaking thing, and of course the 10 minute foot rub. AHHHH summer at it's best. I have already messed up the paint on one my my toes, but it's not about the polish, its about the massage.


Now as I gaze into my schedule for today, I see that I am due for a nap. Bliss.

No comments: