Monday, November 25, 2013

Cut Your Losses

The last time I blogged was two months ago, the content I blogged about was from July. There comes a point and time in every bloggers life (read: in just Kara's life) where they have to cut their losses and start blogging about things that are current and relevant. We can't spend our lives living in the past, am I right? Deep thoughts here on this blog, deep thoughts.

In my head I envision those old life events, you know, major holidays, family trips, good stories, will trickle in as a "throwback thursday" sort of thing. But I also didn't envision not blogging for two months, so don't hold me to anything.

Right now it is freezing in Texas. In a 24 hour period of time it went from 75 degrees outside to 35 degrees outside, and a big part of me wishes I was joking about that. For heavens sake I was wearing shorts last week! Everyone is complaining about it. The heat here has made us all weak when it comes to the cold.

We've bundled up and my kids had to start wearing socks. I'm pretty sure I had to dust off my socks when I put them on, its been awhile.

On an unrelated note, did I mention that we got a dog? Her name is Charlotte. Grace named her at the dog store when we went in to pet the puppies. This was before we knew we were getting a dog. Events fell into place that prompted us to get her but we love our new addition. The kids are smitten with her. She is a Zuchon, Which is a Shih Tzu and Bichon Frise mix. She kind of looks like a very small polar bear.
Alright people, here is to moving forward, and not catching up on the past (but hopefully later catching up on the past…. who knows). Onward and upward!

No comments: