Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Haircut

While Aaron and I were getting our hair cut by my wonderful friend Kristen, I decided that it was time for Gracie to get a little trim as well.

Cutting your 3 month olds hair? Crazy? Probably.

But the mullet and scraggly wisps were getting out of control and I was sick of always trying to slick them back with my hand.

Here are the before pictures (taken with my phone)
So not attractive
Gracie getting her first haircut. It took awhile, she moved her head quite a bit, but Kristen did an amazing job.
The finished product. It looks SOOOOOOO much better.
Its all the same length and cutting it shorter made her hair look a lot lighter
I love it!

Goodbye mullet!

10 comments:

Diana said...

I always wanted to do that with Ella's hair but never did, now it will grow in all nice and even...looks great! I want to see your haircut, is it short?

Kristina said...

Totally cute. We did that with Andrew (later than we should've) and I wished we would've done it sooner. My twin sis needs to do it with her little girl too. Glad you bit the bullet. She looks darling!

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, that's a good baby haircut. I'm very against the mullet and so I've always trimmed Colton's...but mine never turned out that good. Very cute. Way to go.

Gooch Family said...

Dave and I just had that conversation last night! Gaines has more hair all over, but the bottom is still way thicker and it drives me nuts. He doesn't think we should cut it though so I need to find someone to hold him while I can cut it. Grace's looks fantastic, I'm nervous I'll really screw it up, ha

Shannon said...

Love the new do, Grace girl! I bet your haircut and Aaron's is smashing, also. Love Kristen! Love you.

Jamie said...

haha, i totally remember when we decided sadie needed to get rid of the mullet! what a little cutie gracie is! hope you guys are enjoying your holidays!

Mema of 5 said...

Gracie looks so good! I'm so glad you finally did it! I do have to tell you that Taylor thinks Grace is a boy not a "grill" because boys have short hair and Gracie has short hair. He'll really think she is a boy now. I can't wait to see her in person. Her hair almost has a red tinge to it.

Kinzie Sue said...

We just did that to Brenner... his whisps were becoming a comb over and his rat tail was getting a bit too long. I have pictures coming, once I post about everything else. I want to see your haircut too! Gracie is so darling! Makes me want another girl... one day! haha!

Ashby said...

Way to go! It looks so much better, and now it can all come in more evenly. I love it!

Momma Nielson said...

Lookin good Miss Gracie Kate! Laura had a major mullet when she was a baby too but I was too overwhelmed with her 4 older sibs to do anything about it:) She was soooo neglected.