Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Last Day of the Second

Today is the last day of my second trimester. Weird. I feel like the first trimester took forever, getting to 13 weeks was like counting down to Christmas as a little kid (okay, maybe i'm over exaggerating the excitement). This trimester has just flown by. I think that once we found out the gender there was nothing else to wait for or look forward to, so time just went by.

There isn't much to report about this trimester. Aside from finding out what we we're having, and going to the hospital a couple of times, not a lot has happened. I will say though that this trimester has been fun in the sense that the baby has been moving around a lot. Its changed from little prods and kicks to huge movements that make my entire belly move. She loves to kick or move against anything that touches my belly. For example, i was feeding blake a bottle the other day while i was at work and the entire time he was on my lap she was poking him. She'll do that to my computer too. I've also transitioned from the "Is that girl just fat, or is she pregnant" stage into the actually pregnant looking stage. Its nice to have visual proof that you're pregnant and i don't feel so guilty parking in the "Expectant Mother" spot at the grocery store. I'm sure i'll be exit-ing the cute belly phase pretty soon and be entering the huge belly phase (the one that people don't really like, so i hear), but for now i enjoy it.

Here's a picture of me at 26 weeks. I was on second day hair, so don't judge me. My arm is also pointing toward the camera and making a pretty awesome optical illusion that makes the bottom half of my arm look huge and the top look really small... that, or i'm popeye... you never know. Goodbye second trimester, it was fun.

6 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

Yes, your arm does resemble Popeye's. You look very cute. I'm so excited to see you and your belly in person. Just 17 more days! Yeah! And, you'll notice I figured out how to get my computer to post using MY name!

Shannon said...

I personally think the two-day hair look is very chic. I can't believe your second trimester is finished already--how exciting! Oh, and I also love how you've totally down played the "couple trips to the hospital" thing. You are seriously wonder woman.

Kinzie Sue said...

Yay! Not much longer, the downhill stretch is here!!

Chelsea said...

whoa, your pregnancy has gone by pretty fast (for me anyway)!

ps- i love that you noted that you sing "sailing... takes me away" becuase i keep doing the same thing, except i sing the nsync version!

Diana said...

Ya for the second trimester being over, hopefully the third has only 1 hospital trip that results in a BABY!!!!! Yay! I can't wait and I love the belly pic!

Ashby said...

I'm still having a hard time getting over the fact that my baby sister is preggers! But I LOVE it! You are so cute! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!!!