Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bubble Bath

My mother-in-law sent me a "relaxation package" chock-full of gear to make a pregnant woman feel like a million bucks. And thus began an addiction. This little bottle holds some amazing liquid. The smell alone sends tingles of calm and relaxation down my spine, I can't get enough of it.
It fills the bathtub with good scents and soft bubbles. The warm water eases any and all aches or pains. I attempt to read a book, resting it ever so lightly on my belly. The warm water wakes the baby up, and he kicks and rolls against my book. Finally, when the water loses its warmth I find myself crawling into bed with contented sighs.
I'm telling you, it has actual magical powers. Tonight my eyelids have that tired sting and my blinks hover longer in the closed position. My feet feel swollen, and my hips are aching. Aaron is working and Grace is asleep. So I think I hear my bathtub calling my name. And you better believe I'm going to answer that call.

2 comments: