Monday, September 7, 2009

Poppy's Here!!!!

Saturday, Poppy came to meet his fourth granddaughter. He flew all the way from Washington, D.C. He has spent most of his time holding Gracie.
Saturday night, the two of them watched the BYU vs Oklahoma game. When BYU won, we worried that Poppy might spike Gracie in celebration, but thankfully he did not.
The interesting thing here is that Poppy went to the U of U. His children all went to BYU. He cheers for both teams until they play each other and then he bleeds red.
After church on Sunday (which Gracie did not attend) Poppy and Mema posed for a picture. It looks like Gracie is laughing but I think we caught her mid-yawn.
Later on Sunday, Lindsey came over and took Gracie's hand and footprints.
Gracie was not happy about this.
Lindsey is going to make Gracie a plaque for her room.
After the hand/footprint trauma, Gracie recovered by watching more football with Poppy.
Well, Poppy watched, Gracie slept.
Later, she rested in her baby recliner and sucked her new yellow mookie.
Mookie is our family's name for "pacifier".
Then she cuddled with Momma, who, despite Poppy being here, is still Gracie's favorite person.
Each day Gracie becomes more and more alert and we get to see her eyes.
All of us are hoping they'll stay blue but we know there are no guarantees they will.
In our family we have eye color teams. The Brown Team has the most members by far. The Blue Team has the least. The Blue Team needs Gracie.
Monday, Poppy flies back to Virginia and Gracie will have to find another shoulder to snuggle on.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm rooting for the Blue Team! Wow, seriously, wayta have the cutest baby ever!

Stephanie said...

Funny, my family has teams based on what month you were born in. I'm gonna have to do the footprint thing with Lindsey. But it doesn't look too fun...

Angela and Mike said...

She is so so cute! I'm glad Poppy can still root for BYU eventhough he is a Ute. great game right? My Colton is on the Brown team...I think. His eyes don't really make sense. haha. Gracie, you are so pretty! How's Kara holding up?

Kristina said...

So cute! I'm sure the prints will look so darling. When we did them with Andrew he slept through the whole thing and his head dropped into the clay and we didn't notice... and neither did he. It was pretty funny. I can't wait to meet Gracie!

Kinzie Sue said...

Sounds like Gracie is settling into her life well! She is such a cutie and I bet everyone can't get enough of her. We are hoping that Brenner's eyes stay blue too, but Kiera's blue eyes turned dark brown at about 8 months... so far our little family is 2 brown and 1 blue- I hope he joins my blue eyed team but we'll see! Welcome to the world beautiful Gracie!

Ashby said...

Go Brown Team!!!

Diana said...

So I officially have left a comment on every one of Mema's posts (is that ok if I call you that Karen?). Anyway, Gracie is a doll and Kara, you look great! I hope your doing well, I will call you sometime this week, glad your mom and dad are there to help out!